Saturday, March 3, 2012

Magazine Inspiration

This week challenge comes directly from the pages of Australian Home Beautiful. It is one of my favourite magazines for both home decorating ideas AND scrapping inspiration.

Here is this week challenge. There is lots here to love about the design and the home wares :)


Now I must make a confession. I have not scrapped a new page with this design yet. (I pulled everything out of the kids draws in our shared study...and I can't see the floor or the desk top. I will need to clean before I can scrap...sigh.) I did, however look through some old pages and was happy to discover some pages that follow this layout. I guess this is why I was drawn to this page initially...seems it's one of my "go-to" designs.


This is pretty close to the original, just added a title & flipped the photo placement. Now I thought twice about sharing a page with me in a bikini but seeing as there is nothing of the body to see I figured why not...after all aren't we always saying we don't scrap enough of ourselves! And I have learned to embrace my freckles :)


Another oldie but again based around the three blocks. 
I know I have said it before...simple is timeless!!

And a question for you...see the words "last forever" on the magazine page. I am dying to know what font that is. I love it at the moment and can find ones close but not the exact one...anyone have any suggestions? Thanks

Finally...another give-away :)
One of out talented readers will be offering a great give-away next week.
Pop back next week and keep a look out for more details.


Looking forward to seeing what you come up with week.
Cheers Di





8 comments:

  1. Ooh, I love that last one! The little ribbon is such a great touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Esther, that last layout is fantastic!

    I'm not sure on that font, I've seen it around a bit lately too ... personally, I'd like to move into the house, as is, from the magazine page ... sigh .... it is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love seeing the older pages and seeing how much the kids have grown!

    also love the magazine layout, I didn't get this issue this month newsagent had run out, but it is my favourite mag at the moment. Will give this a go for sure!

    and I want that bathroom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the staples and little black corners on that last layout. I know that photo well, but I don't think I've seen this layout. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that first layout and as I type I'm thinking of photos I could use :) Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your LOs..and that font is a bit like the 'Ali's Font'(as in Ali Edwards) which I downloaded free from CK
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous work! I too especially like that last one - it's the little lined corners I love as a design feature.: )

    ReplyDelete
  8. quJust visiting and viewing all the lovely layouts. I have Microsoft 2010 and the font you admire in the magazine is close to one of my favourites...Brush Script MT. Lucida Calligraphy and Lucida Handwriting are also similar script to this that give a nice effect.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...